1) Prepare, prepare and prepare again. Start the day with a clear idea of what you need to do and when.
2) It is the ‘when’ that is particularly important here. Allocate time slots for the tasks that you need to complete and prioritise where you need to.
3) Mess equals Stress. Get that desk cleared and allow yourself to focus on the important stuff. To be efficient, everything you do needs to be streamlined, including those paper piles.
4) Outline a small number of key objectives that are a priority, both within your role and for your business. Whenever you do something, make sure it is in some way hitting those objectives. You’ll soon find out which tasks are using up time that could be better put to use elsewhere.
5) Constantly look for ways to improve the way you do things. Your customers and your staff will thank you for it. And as for your results? They’ll speak for themselves!
6) Anything you’re not the best in the world at? Outsource! It may be a cliche but your time really is money, so don’t waste it on tasks that could be undertaken by somebody else more efficiently and quickly.
7) Take a break. Give yourself a breather when the eyes start to tire. A breath of fresh air or a stretch of the legs can do wonders for your work.
8) Focus. Now this may sound obvious! But we don’t just mean in terms of concentration. Rather than juggling a multitude of tasks and giving them a fraction of your attention, focus on one task at a time. The satisfaction you get from ticking items off the list will give you the boost needed to begin the next.
9) Get things right the first time around. Rather than relying on a ‘lookover’ before an item is set to be used, take the time to ensure it’s good to go before moving on. By all means, take a break and come back to look at it with a fresh pair of eyes. But get it finished before starting something else to prevent your list of tasks remaining dormant.
10) Don’t be afraid to try new things. Not sure what the ‘next big thing’ is that could help drive company productivity through the roof? Ask somebody who does! CloudShift deliver Salesforce platforms that transform the Sales, Marketing & Customer Service of businesses both large and small. We take the time to listen to and understand your business needs, providing digital solutions to streamline your customer journey.