In the UK, there are currently over 700,000 people employed in the property and construction sectors. Despite previously being somewhat behind the curve in terms of digital approach, in recent years this sector is now embracing cloud computing and CRM solutions.
Using our years of experience, we thought we’d share some of the common CRM challenges we see with property and construction businesses. You can be reassured that the challenges and opportunities you face are ones which many others in your sector are also battling. Together with Salesforce we’ll be able to help you overcome these challenges and enter a brave new world…
The silo effect
One of the challenges we often see are teams within companies operating in silos with standalone systems (or spreadsheets!) tailored to their specific needs. Sometimes there are a lot of secret black books too. This lack of sharing of Customer data within an organisation causes inefficiencies and missed cross selling opportunities not to mention a lack of consistent company-wide reporting.
Mobile and cut off
Another key challenge we see is mobility, with business having staff regularly out on site or with clients without the ability to input or access information. This results in staff not being informed of the latest information which could help win new work or impress a client. It also makes it more difficult for staff to feedback information to people based back in the office.
In addition to separate databases, pipeline reporting is often manual and the lack of dashboards result in an inability to run and forecast the wider business effectively. This is time-consuming, frustrating to manage and often doesn’t inspire those above with accurate visibility and confidence.
Having seen a few of the challenges which property and construction businesses have, it’s good to know a solution is here… Of the many clients we’ve implemented Salesforce with, here are a few of the common business objectives that are driving the need for moving to the Cloud with Salesforce:
- A flexible platform to underpin a Customer focused business transformation program
- A need to drive and monitor a new business process initiative such as forecasting, performance management or key account management
- Real time pipeline visibility and ability to forecast revenues across multiple P&Ls with confidence
- Key account management insight to increase up and cross sell opportunities
- One source of truth for Customer knowledge and insight across the buying and delivery journey
- Single marketing platform with automation across several Customer with ability to drive campaigns, events and better determine ROI
- Knowledge hub for staff to access learning or product content from any device
With several of our team previously working client side using Salesforce in property and construction businesses, we’re well placed to add value to your business and understand your requirements. We would be delighted to arrange an initial consultation.
Click here to register for our special property and construction CRM event with Salesforce on 21st September.