By Emma Burroughs, Marketing Manager @ CloudShift
45 years ago, the idea of ‘Automation’ came to fruition. Since then, it’s taken the average working week from 70 hours to 40 hours, by really making the hours count.
So what is Automation?
Automation is all about saving time and increasing productivity. By definition, Automation is the use of technology to monitor and control the production and delivery of products and services.
Practically, Automation is technology completing tasks that would usually be undertaken by a human. These tasks are often small jobs that enable a process to go from one stage to the next, usually organisational. These tasks are often time consuming and tedious, but essential in getting to an end goal.
In using automation to complete these tasks, the following can be achieved;
– Securing of more leads.
– Closing of more deals.
– Increased rates of productivity.
– Increased revenue.
– The time that would usually be spent on menial tasks can instead be spent in more productive ways. I.e. exploring potential new opportunities.
– More time is created for tasks that help aid sales and grow revenue. I.e. meeting up with potential clients and giving information on your services, rather than being at the office organising your data.
– Due to the fact that a system works the same regardless of how much sleep it had the night before, a greater degree of consistency in quality is created.
– Makes decisions based on data. If data suggests a deal is near to closing, an automated system will both highlight this to your team, and suggest the steps required to get that deal over the line. This data analysis is conducted using Artificial Intelligence, intelligence exhibited by machines.
– Allows more staff to undertake skilled and interesting tasks that aids their development, rather than the menial, (and often mundane) jobs that are usually required within a process.
So how do you go around getting your business ‘automated’.
The Salesforce Sales Cloud is the World’s #1 Automation application. As the name suggests, the Sales Cloud is specifically aimed at improving Sales, combining both Automation and Artificial Intelligence. Using the Sales Cloud, your team can manage contacts, accounts & opportunities from anywhere, on any device.
Integrated into the Sales Cloud is the Sales Cloud Einstein. This is the artificial intelligence that learns what actions separate the deals that win from the deals that fall through, highlighting the top leads and best recommended next steps.
Here at CloudShift, we take businesses throughout the whole implementation process. Firstly, we outline the unique needs of a business, and then create a tailored digital solution to meet the set objectives. We then build and implement that solution, taking your staff through the entire process so that they’re confident in using it straight away.